TRADITIONAL CLASSROOM: Engage with our
instructors and a diverse group of peers in a
Traditional Classroom version of this course .
VIRTUAL CLASSROOM: Dynamic and fully
interactive, a live, online version of this course is
led by an instructor and conducted in real time .
ON-DEMAND LEARNING: Set your own pace
with a recorded online version of this course
and log on when and where you learn best .
Customized Learning: We will tailor any course based on your company’s needs .
For a free consultation or quote please email Learning@iil.com or visit www.iil.com/onsite.
Emotional Intelligence (EI)
Influencing and Connecting with Others More Effectively
This learning solution delivers a practical
approach to improve, develop, and sustain
effective and mutually beneficial relationships.
Successful relationships portray trust and
progress toward common goals . The objective
of this course is to create awareness around how
best to interact with others .
The focus is on the success factors for people
working together. You will participate in a
performance-focused setting designed to elicit
maximum interaction among participants, while
inviting and challenging everyone to see and
act differently. Learners will explore concepts
with fellow participants within a safe but
intensive environment where skills and habits
can be developed, sharpened, improved, and/or
initiated . The complete program includes:
• A personal behavioral profile, the results of
which you will bring to your training
• 2 day highly interactive workshop activity and
• Peer and professional coaching activities
initiated in class and continuing subsequently
over the next four months
Learning will happen through individual and
small group problem solving exercises designed
to leverage the synergy of the team .
Optional: You can take away an assessment
of your default behaviors and a customized
Personal Development Plan .
Traditional Classroom Option: To support the
formation of new habits that improve one’s EI
abilities, you are paired with a peer coach for
16 weekly follow-up coaching sessions. Also
after the classroom sessions, 4 monthly group-coaching sessions are provided by IIL .
Who Should Attend
• Individuals responsible for sustained
relationships with internal and/or external
• Anyone in key collaborative positions working
• Individual contributors and managers
• Developing skills leading to behavior change
and more productive relationships
• Understanding the neuroscience behind our
behavior and associated best practices
• Practicing a number of critical skills for
• Developing a personal action plan and
toolkit to continuously improve relationship
What You Will Learn
You’ll learn how to:
• Interpret a profile of your own personal
behavioral style as a backdrop for your
• Understand the neuroscience behind human
• Develop and maintain strong working
• Develop agility in influencing others and
keeping the interactions progressing forward
• Recognize the other person’s cultural style,
and bridge the differences
• Identify optimal communication to direct and
reinforce working relationships
• Harness the power of positive emotions
• Make use of the EI model and associated
• Employ strategies for enhancing leadership
through emotional intelligence
• Lead others more positively through
• Course structure
• Course goals and objectives
• What is EI?
• How does EI relate to outstanding leadership
and managerial effectiveness?
• What are the specific EI competencies?
• A framework for developing EI competencies
• ABC’s of change
• Social Emotional Learning
• The Creative Brain
• Forming new habits
• Your EI Profile
Awareness and Sensitivity
• EI Model - Self-awareness, Self-regulation,
Sensitivity to others
• EI Factors – Perceiving Emotions, Reasoning
with Emotions, Understanding Emotions,
• Motivation – What moves us
• The Varieties of Empathy
• World view model – Developing EI
Core Communication Skills for EI
• Communications model and enabling skills
Interpersonal and Team Leadership through EI
• Team Dynamics and Collaboration
• Functioning team model
Relationship Management and Social Skills
• The Social Brain
• Expectations & Perceptions
Recap & Closing
• What did we learn, and how can we
implement this in our work environments?
#1033 / Four 3-hour sessions
CEU Credits: 1 . 2 / PDU Credits: 12
Price: USD 850
#8652 / 2 Days
CEU Credits: 1 . 4 / PDU Credits: 14
Price: USD 1295